Friday, April 24, 2009

Ladies Surprise Farewell Lunch

What a long title :) Okay, so for the last month, the girls from Hemali's art class thinking about having farewell lunch for Flora. The challenge would be how to keep it as a secret from her. But anyway, we made it last Tuesday. Yayy... Chris, Holly and I had such an experience in preparing it. It's fun and it always put a smile on my face every time I remember it. Special thanks to Holly Hill who hosted the lunch in her -full of her art work- home, and also to Chris Norman for bringing the gift, the foods AND get caught by Flora in the parking lot :D LOL Huge thanks for Bu Hanna Evans for her delicious curry, Ima Smith for the best mee goreng in Westmooring (and sharing her birthday party with us), Shagufta Iqbal for her tasty Okra dish, Kris Boucher for her healthy crunchy cookies (I grab some for my kids :)), Abeer Ali for her nice and warm cinnamon/apple cakes and cornmeal cake, and last but not least Noriko Suzuki for her fancy cookies. Another thanks is for Farida, as it was a busy day for her but she put our lunch first. I wish Flora a great time and experience in Madrid. I'm sure she'll be alright wherever she is, since she's such a very very nice person. And she'll make a lot of friends like here in Trinidad (even the guy from HiLo know her name!). I remember her kindly help when I first came to Trinidad. It was not easy for me, but she had showed me how to deal with it, and how to survive here. I can't thank Flora enough for everything. We'll miss you, Flora, but remember to always have an extra bed because we'll see you in Madrid for another ladies lunch :) Enjoy the pictures!
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook:
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: