Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Port of Spain through my lens

Today I have an opportunity to 'explore' the city of Port of Spain, to take some picture for our art class. At first I thought it'll be challenging. As you know, we should be very careful here since the crime rate is very high. I can't imagine six women getting around with camera over the shoulder, especially those with SLR. We're gonna look like a bunch of tourists! But it turned out pretty safe as long as we take notice of our surroundings. Yes there's time when men called and asked for money. But thanks God we're all safe and sound :) We started from St James, which is a busy area, since a lot of shops on the side of the road. Tell you the truth at first I didn't want to use my camera here, but I think God will protect us anyway. We're good people, right? Ahead to Savannah, which is might be the largest round about in the world (3.8 km if you walk all along the walking track). There are some old buildings, that used to be known as The Magnificent Seven in Trinidad *I'm trying to find a painting form Trinidadian artist about those buildings. After that we're going toward downtown area through Tragarette to the Independence Square. It's not a very safe area, so we only took pictures from inside the car :( The people there are very interesting actually. Afterward we're having a nice lunch in Adam's Bagel, a Syrian Resto with some halal meat. So I'm pretty happy :) But, surprise surprise... my husband ask me to pick him up from a warehouse in Chaguaramas. There's a port where the private boat 'parked' (I don't know what to call it :)). So I ended this day taking some pictures from the deck of Cruise Inn Restaurant. What a perfect day! Somehow, Port of Spain is enjoyable and I'm very lucky that I've been here :) You can complaint about thousands things here, but hey, there's always a bright side in everything. So why don't we focus on the good things indeed. Enjoy the pictures!
Click to play this Smilebox photobook: Simply Travel
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

3 comments:

dumadia said...

keren juga...

lutha said...

O ... berarti waktu gw telp itu lagi jeprat-jepret mubengin kota ya ... Pantes gak nyampe-nyampe ke rumah ...

Asyik emang moto-moto (jadi inget film Madagascar 2: "moto-moto likes you ..")

Sering-sering post lagi ya hasil kreasimu ... Seneng liatnya ...

EPHO's said...

@Dumadi: thanks man
@Ida: hehehe, bener, makanya serem ngeluarin kamera sekaligus telepon :) Kau juga lah, banyak obyek bagus di Canada.